Friday, November 11, 2005

BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO

Nedstatbasic, aka Webstats4u, is dead to me. It took me a while to figure out that by adding their code to this here blog, not to mention about four million webpages, I gave them the entry way to throw pop ups (pop ups!) at my visitors. I have washed my hands of them. They will soon be removed from all of my internet property.

In other news I am in passport hell, as my boss has changed her name after her recent marriage. For the women out there let me advise you to keep your name, not to make any feminist statement about your identity but to save yourself a fucking hassle. If anyone knows any secrets of navigating the State Department's Passport Agency, I'm all ears.

4 comments:

bitchphd said...

You know, "saving hassle" is a really strong argument for just keeping the damn name you're born with, and I honestly don't understand why more people don't do that.

Brad said...

I'm glad you got that taken care of. I was worried Bloglines had added exit pop-ups, which would have meant switching to Rojo

anne arkham said...

I kept my maiden name. It just got me hassles of a different sort.

snow said...

I changed my name when I got married. I never liked my last name much, but I liked my husband's last name. No hassles at all in changing the name, which is really a miracle.