Friday, November 18, 2005

MY HOMEGIRLS GONE WILD

I was happy to see ole Madge Ritchie on Primetime Live last night, between stories about violence on college campuses (particularly UNCW where people's parents apparantly think that dorms in the UNC system have "check in desks" and "security officers" and students apparantly don't know how to lock their doors), and Anna-Anna-Anna-Anna-Anna-Nicole-she's-so-outrageous and her crazy ass going all the way to the Supreme Court over her dead husband's money, which, by the way, I have little doubt he ever intended to leave her a cent of.

With Madonna, it's usually the same ole tired ass questions (Kaballah, her husband, how "different" she is these days), and you can tell even she is somewhat irritated with it. Nonetheless, I loved that she regulated on the Primetime lady when she asked "what's this about you having given up the material world?" Madonna said, and I paraphrase, "Look at my house and my clothes, bitch. Do you really think I've given up the material world? I'm just saying I try to put things into perspective these days."

speaking of Kaballah, way way way before I ever heard the word come from Madonna's mouth, there was this batty lady I knew that was all into it. She preached it and would always say how "it's older than the Bible!" Last night on Primetime Live (which was not really live because it was an interview she taped weeks ago when she was in New York) Madonna said that Kaballa "predates religion". I'm telling you, they teach you that line at the Kaballa meetings. Never mind that that is an appeal to tradition, a favorite fallacy of mine, and one that Madonna, if anybody, should be careful to avoid.

In fairness to her though, they do always ask her about it. And whatever trips your trigger, even if I happen to think it's stupid, you know?

In other news, Courtney Love has a daughter to support, a lot of lawyers to pay, and a rehab bill, so she's been working on her new album. This fills me with joy.

Courtney has also returned to Buddhism which strikes me as both a WTF and a very Tina Turner thang to do.

Earlier I ate at KFC, where I ordered a big ole plate of fried grease. It was delicious.

No comments: