Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Night Out: Definately Not The Butch Stroll

I'm tired of hearing how Astoria is this "up and coming" neighborhood. Come UP already. Let's get some action in this neighborhood, can we do that, girls?

Last night S.D.A. and I went to the new gay bar (which makes it the gay bar) here in A-town. At the door they pat you down. Then you enter and there are about ten people there. Seriously, who is there to shoot? What's with the pat down?

By the way, if I hear that 4/4 salsa beat one more time I'm going to lose my shit. When I lived in Washington Heights, at any hour of day or night, if you listened closely, you could hear it. The bar, known as "Trends", gave me flashbacks. I had to drink like 18 vodka-sodas to tolerate it. Goes down easy but what a bang.

The male bartender was hot. I'll give 'em that.

The female bartender motioned for me and S.D.A. to come closer together so she could take a picture. I imagine this is to put on their website or in the local publications to give the illusion that a lot of people were there, that they have a little scene or whatever. I declined the phot-op because, after all, my brand comes with a price. I mean, I don't put my name on just anything. God knows I don't want to show up in Twist magazine or some shit like that. It's hard enough trying to be photogenic in general, much less in glossy pages of gay rags.

We stopped for a slice on the way home. Some loser yelled "faggots" at us from a dirty white SUV. I thanked him for noticing, and then went to bed.

No comments: