Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Strange Dreams

Last night I had the strangest dream...I dreamed that my boss retired, and Joe Simpson, father of Jessica and Ashlee, took her place. I don't remember much else, except that I hated him, and he tried to push me out a window at one point.

Anyway. What the hell is going on in France? Havn't heard much since the unreported end of the rioting, but lately France has gotten its own version of the Patriot Act, stopped letting immigrants in all willy-nilly, and has state-sanctioned "official history" of the "positive role" it played in its former colonies. All the while, Jacques looks stressed out:


"Birthday brings little to cheer about for Chirac"

In other news, C.S. Lewis apparantly opposed a movie version of his Chronicles of Narnia, so I will feel a tinge of guilt when I go see it. I'm a fan of ole C.S., so I am excited to see the movie. However, I think the video game of Narnia is...well...a bad idea. The irony is that Disney is behind both the movie and the video game, while C.S. said of the live-action film translation of his books, "Cartoons (if only Disney did not combine so much vulgarity with his genius!) would be another matter."

No comments: