Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Transit Strike Day Two

On day two of the transit strike, I think things went much smoother. I was at work with my carpool not only on time but way early. We left at 3:00 and it was more traffic than yesterday when we left at 2:30, but it wasn't that bad. I think most people are just trying to get through and be as cooperative as possible in order to send a big FUCK YOU to the Transit Worker's Union. Sympathy has faded.

A judge has threatened TWU president Roger Toussaint and other TWU executives with jail time. Bloomberg said he would be against this, making them "martyrs", and prefers to keep raising the fines.

I hear that downtown is pandemonium, so I feel lucky that I work uptown where getting to work from Queens is relatively easy if you have a ride. Also, my carpool was baffled by my knowledge of a secret route that comes from years of investigating shady places.

At 3:00 A.M. my roommate is going to walk to Penn Station, which is a looong ass walk, in order to get to his train on time for his journey to the Motherland. Meanwhile, I hope I don't have trouble getting to the airport on Friday for my own trip to the Motherland.

No comments: