Thursday, January 05, 2006

My Bad Taste Exposed

Rob Helpy Chalk tagged me. I've done something like this before but as Rob himself said of his tagger, "it's so nice when cool people acknowledge your existence." :)


Seven things to do before I die
I should point out that I am going to die young -- so it has been fortold.
1. Go back to Costa Rica.
2. Finish that fucking master's thesis that haunts me.
3. Become debtless.
4. Own my own business.
5. Own a house.
6. Be happy with myself.
7. Find the love of my life.

Seven things I cannot do
1. Write that fucking master's thesis that haunts me.
2. Quit smoking.
3. Give my attention to anything for more than twenty minutes.
4. Give myself a little credit.
5. Be mean, or at least be mean for long.
6. Resist indulging myself.
7. Stop worrying about everything.

Seven things that attract me to blogging
1. Mindless self-indulgence.
2. Exhibitionism.
3. Anonymity.
4. The opportunity to express my righteous indignation.
5. The adoration of countless millions of readers.
6. What better way to procrastinate than to blog?
7. The opportunity to make one million dollars like I did on Epinions.com.

Seven things I say most often
1. "Who you tellin?"
2. "I know that's right."
3. "Looord..."
4. "World Church of Assimilation, Stroll speaking..."
5. "Are you kidding me?"
6. "What happened?"
7. "What kind of world is this?"

Seven books that I love.

1. The Consolation of Philosophy by Boethius
2. White People by Alan Gurganus
3. Grendel by Joseph Gardner
4. The Farming of Bones by Edwige Danticat
5. The Complete Poems of Anne Sexton
6. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein, still the only book that gets me misty.
7. Lovely Me: The Life of Jacqueline Susann by Barbara Seaman

Seven Movies (or Series) I Watch Over and Over Again (or would if I had time)
1. Mommie Dearest
2. Hedwig & the Angry Inch
3. I Heart Huckabees
4. Portrait of Jason by Shirley Clark, starring Jason Holliday.
5. Desperately Seeking Susan (Cigarrette girl: "Susan, we thought you were dead!" Susan: "No, just in New Jersey.")
6. Sunset Boulevard
7. There is really not that much that I would watch "over and over again".

Tag seven people
1. Anne Arkham even though she don't do memes. ;)_
2. Snow, even though she's prob'ly already done this.
3. Mike Hunt, even though Mike prob'ly won't do it.
4. The other four of you who read this!
5. and YOUR MOMMA!
6.
7.

3 comments:

anne arkham said...

No way. I did the last seven things meme you tagged me for, and it nearly killed me. Thinking up that stuff was WAY harder than actually writing a post.

Hey, have you seen this?

Stroll said...

No pressure of course, just putting some names out there. Regarding the picture, you really *are* going to burst into flames at any moment aren't you? ;) (I laughed out loud.)

anne arkham said...

*evil grin*

I'm trying.