Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hunting Protocols

Andrew Sullivan writes:


The first was the question of whether he had been following the usual hunting protocols. I have no clue what those are and defer to others. But his formula of taking full responsibility, and giving the bottom line as "I shot the gun," doesn't answer the question of whether he was negligent in the way he was hunting. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt his old friend; and I'm sure his friend won't hold it against him. But it does make a difference if this was an accident that could happen under perfect hunting protocols or not.


Um, I have been on a hunting trip or two as a child, but I admit that despite my upbringing I'm no expert either. However, I'm fairly certain that Protocol Number One is "don't shoot anybody in the face".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know thats rite...