Saturday, February 18, 2006

Only the Good Die Young

A tragedy has befallen the house of Stroll. I have not written about this yet because, as is my usual way of dealing with tragedy, I have been in a state of shock and denial. It is with great sadness that I must report that Lady, the young dog who had come to live with us for a short while before being relocated to North Carolina, was hit by a car and killed on Valentine’s Day near her new Southern home. How sudden and awful these types of things are, and how truly ironic that the lyrics to her favorite song, “Candle in the Wind”, now kind of fits. Indeed, her candle burned out long before her legend never did. She will be greatly missed. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” --Matthew 5:4

***

“Overheard” or “One end of a telephone conversation.”


“I think I’m addicted to amphetamines … Oh, no I have a prescription … Well it’s not my prescription … Well I’ll have to quit eventually, cause I only have a finite supply … Yeah, I’m at like “peak oil” but with speed.”

4 comments:

bitchphd said...

I'm sorry. :(

anne arkham said...

Sad. I'm sorry, too.

snow said...

Oh, no! I'm sorry. Very sad.

S.D. Hollaback said...

I am very saddened by this news.