Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Bed Bugs

S.D.A. noted that on my website there are ads for bed bug sprays. I of course don't pick those ads, they pick me. Sometimes I get crazy ads based on the words found herein. I offer no warranty or advice on any of them.

The reason I get bedbug ads, though, is because I am so obsessed with bed bugs and paranoid that they're coming...to get me.

A New York couple is suing a luxury London hotel for bed bug bites. Not only that, but the bugs flew home with them, as they are known for doing.


"People associate bed bugs with more of a lower end class of hotel," Weinstein said. "Clearly, that's not the case here. The Mandarin is as premier and luxurious as any hotel could make themselves out to be."


The really scary thing about bedbugs is that they have nothing to do with how clean you are, or how clean your house is.

And they are excellent travellers, which is why there is an epidemic in NY and beyond.

The bedbugs embedded themselves in the couple's luggage and clothing, traveling back to their Manhattan apartment, where they continued biting the Blumings until the couple fumigated their apartment and discarded or replaced their clothing, bedding, luggage and personal effects, according to the lawsuit.


I'm not sure what the insurers are supposed to do about the hotel's infestation:

"There have been no subsequent incidents and the matter has been referred to our insurers," she [hotel rep] said. "Our policy is to operate with the highest standards of conduct with stringent hygiene systems at all of our hotels to safeguard the health and safety of our guests."


Or if they understand the previous statement about hygiene having little to do with bed bugs -- you gotta destroy those fuckers with fumigation and furniture replacement.

I'm available as a consultant on these matters.

This is getting repetitive, but it is my duty to bring you endless information on bed bugs. I'm a mythbuster, a solution seeker.

1 comment:

Mona Buonanotte said...

I almost feel lucky that we only get bitten by spiders when we sleep....