Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Disappointment Register, Volume 1

Everyone has those songs to which they don't understand the lyrics, but sing along their own lyrics that sound about right. It can be funny when you finally learn what the singer is really saying. (Though I've always known the lyrics, I still give it up for "Anna Friel" every time ole Madge Ritchie sings "And I feel".)

That said I'd like to register my disappointment with that stupid cell-phone company commercial where the two guys think "Rock the Casbah" is "Lock the Catbox". Though there are some hard to understand lyrics in the song, of all the songs in the world that people hear the wrong lyrics to, the actual line "Rock the Casbah" is not one of them and is in fact widely known and unmistakeable. STUPID commercial and I couldn't even tell you which company it is off the top of my head.

Also, I'm disappointed that my apartment has reached new levels of filth. I'm considering taking an ad out on Craigslist for a cleaner to come in and make some sense out of this madness. I'm not even kidding. I'm thinking $50 bucks and supplies.

2 comments:

K. said...

Not only is it a stupid mistake of lyrics, but how would they know which song to download if they couldn't even get that part of the song correct?

Stroll said...

EXCELLENT POINT.