Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm kind of a big deal.

Not really, but I am kind of excited.

Last night I attended the WYSIWYG Talent Show at the Bowery Poetry Club, where I briefly met Chris aka Uffish who is very sweet. I had been meaning to go to this show for a while now, as I read many of the bloggers who have read their pieces there, but as the Bowery is about the same distance from my stomping grounds as the equator, it’s been a long time coming. My life happens Uptown and in Queens. What can I say.

The show was very entertaining and funny. Those of you who know me know that I sometimes pretend that I am entertaining and funny, but maybe not so much. You also may know that I am very shy and the thought of public speaking kind of fills me with anxious tremors and absolute terror.

Nonetheless, I will be reading at the WYSIWYG Talent Show on February 14. For their anniversary episode, the theme is “Worst. Sex. Ever.” I have a tale in mind but I’m afraid it might come off more pitiful than ha-ha. At any rate your attendance is requested. Find details on the WYSIWYG site and expect constant reminders as the date draws closer.

I of course told Bitch, Phd about this as guest-blogging for her is what led to being asked to do this thang, and I told her how all the performers of past shows have bios that include big-time shit like “has been on HBO”, “has won awards”, etc, and their blogs are very popular, while I…am not like that. She said, “Well you have blogged at BITCH PHD!” which is exactly what I put down.

P.S. This is my lucky-number 700th post.

No comments: