Thursday, March 29, 2007

There but for the grace of God go I



This crazy homeless woman (click for big) was across the street in the park, not bothering anyone really, until the police rolled up and chased her off. She then crossed the road, talking to herself the whole time, while everyone in the little smoking area kind of chuckled and recoiled. As crazy people are known to do, she selected me from the group to point at and engage in a discussion of some bullshit I couldn't really understand. Then she decided to lay down in the doorway, while still chattering on, and, noticing that the building has something to do with Christ (maybe the big ass cross gives it away), she begins praising and thanking Jesus, while pointing to the sky. She also went into something about "photographs" so, I took her picture.

I have a lot of sympathy for these kinds of people. I can't quite explain it, but I relate to them, especially the shunning society and talking-to-self elements.

1 comment:

Mona Buonanotte said...

It's a thin line. And our state has cut funding for community mental health. Pah.