Thursday, April 12, 2007

If you do not take the vow, you can eat the sacred cow/you'll get Karma anyhow, Hare Hare Hare...

Sanjaya Malakar was once a Hare Krishna, which is not so "shameful" as the link makes it out to be. It puts him in the good company of Boy George who no doubt still chants the Hare Rama Rama Rama. The article also comments on his past state of poverty and his life as a child of divorce. Aww, my sweet Sanjaya, I hug you from afar.

I had a bad experience with the Hare Krishnas, who keep one little lock of hair on their heads so God can grab it and jerk them up to heaven. When I was in college I discovered that they give you books, then ask for a donation, and then take the books back when you decline. On that day circa 1995 I was particularly depressed, for some reason or other (long before I learned that life really sucks), and at being given the book I found my faith in humanity restored, only to be further shattered by the fact that it was not really a gift.

No comments: