Friday, May 11, 2007

People In Trouble

Yeah hi, The Butch Stroll Gone Wild Season Two is about to start up in this piece, and I am fresh from the shower for it. Stand back. S.D. is at the gym and while all other complicit parties have bailed, we're still gonna take it to the streets. I've already consumed mass quantities of Bicardi and Diet Cola (just like the commercial tells me to!) and had a little deep inhale in my right nostril, but that's neither here nor there.

At The Butch Stroll Season One, aka My Party Last Weekend, I had on Truth or Dare as the visual. So tonight it is still in the DVD player, and I've been watching it. I had forgotten how much I loved it when I was a young, gay high school student, and how the Madonna of Blond Ambition is but a shadow of the past these days. Don't get me wrong, I love her as much as I ever did, but Blond Ambition was perhaps her defining moment, and the first time that I looked up on the big screen and saw real life unashamed gay people who were fabulous and making mad coins. I know she is not the great liberator and sexual equilizer that she has been said to be, but I love the woman. What can I say. I feel a deep sense of loyalty to her, as I've said before, and while I can't get behind the Kaballa nonsense, I love her. She's done far more, in my opinion, for The Gays, than has Elton John and Boy George, for example, who continuously read her to filth.

Anyway, there's a part of Truth or Dare where ole Madge says to Sandra Berhnard: "I'm desperate." To which Sandy replies: "For what honey?" And Madge replies, "For some fun." As much "fun" as I have, and as much time as I spend on The Butch Stroll, I know how she feels.

The fact that I have my new, and as yet still top-secret promotion to the Drug Use and Related Ass Kicking Prevention department, I am officially a hypocrite on 05/11/2007. Because I'm planning on mad toot and ass kicking tonight. Don't judge me.

Also I have a new part time gig that, thankfully, will be work-from-home. News as it develops, but I'm going to have a) more money than I know what to do with and b) no time on my hands, so what follows the = in the formula in my life is EXTREME FRUSTRATION. I'm getting it all out tonight. Holla.

You know, people think that being gay is about being debauchrous, having no one to answer to, hunting drugs and sex and despite the desire forgoing relationships and anything meaningful. Being vapid. Doing what you want when you want. Having a good time despite the fact that you are consumed with "deep thoughts." Being out there and not missing a thing, throwing caution to the wind and taking it as it comes.

To quote Madonna herself: "And you know what? They're absolutely right."

No comments: