Monday, July 23, 2007

More than meets the eye

Like many things from my childhood, Transformers is now a blockbuster summer movie and I want to see it so bad, even though in the 80's I was loyal to the underdog Go Bots, but that is another post for another time.

The thing that bothers me about this newfangled Transformers movie is that they don't look like the boxy Transformers of my childhood. They're all stylized and Megatron doesn't even turn into a gun, he turns into an aircraft which is a form of urination on the canon. But, I'm hoping my boyfriend Shia LeBouf will make up for all that.


How Megatron is supposed to look, versus this nonsense.


Here is a comparison of the 86 and 07 casts.

1 comment:

S.D.A said...

Sometimes I think that maybe we were abducted by the same Alien Vessel in our childhood. Shia LeBouf is also my boyfriend, and I was ALSO a fan of the GoBots and resistant to the Transformers when they first came out. That is, until I saw Soundwave. You have to see this movie on the big screen because even there, all that CCG (?) bizness gets confusing as hell.