Monday, August 20, 2007

A Tragedy of Epic Proportions

My home computer, which has been in its final days for a while now, has been raped by viruses, spyware and adware, according to some virus-finder I didn't even know was on there. In addition to this, when I try to connect to the internet I get some message about remote computers not answering or some such. As I have reached new levels of poorness and my credit limits are rapidly approaching zero, it appears I may be without a home computer for a while, which I could live with were it not for my manageable yet ferocious World of Warcraft addiction. I am in desperate need of a new computer. My next one will have all the bells and whistles and memory of Big Blue...however I may be 50 years old before I can afford it.

Yesterday I was in PetCo and in there they have a little "Kitty Paws" station with adoptable cats. I had to call K-Rock to talk me down from adopting "Peach Blossom" (whose name would be changed immediately upon her arrival in my home) on the spot. She was cute as a button and solid black, which is exactly the kind of sister I want to get for Jackie. However given the fact that I have discovered that cat parenthood costs a fortune, I probably made the right decision in tearing myself away from her cage, misty eyed, hoping she finds a good life somewhere and a new, respectable name.

I have a dermotologist appointment today to have the STITCH removed from my FACE. Finally! I hope the little biopsy reveals that I am not in fact being eaten alive, face first, by flesh eating disease.

2 comments:

S.D.A. said...

Okay, I'm ready to start collecting cans! The Horde is depending on you, and we're here for you as well in your time of crisis!

bitchphd said...

I was once saved from a spontaneous cat adoption by a car accident.