Sunday, September 09, 2007

It's not a comeback...it's a RETURN!

Well, not that really either. It was more of a mess. Poor Britney Spears opening the VMA's was tired. I mean, literally sleepy. I've seen 50 year old drag queens in North Carolina put on a better show. There was no grand entrance -- just suddenly her face was there, her eyes looking kind of crosseyed -- and not even an attempt at the illusion of live singing. Ole Girl has wore herself out and it's a damn shame. She looked a little clumsy even. Now I'm just being hateful. The song was cute, as far as those kinds of songs go, I guess.

6 comments:

ronn said...

Hateful?? Hell, you were extremely kind to her boring ass. My grandmama would have done a better job with no prep.

S.D.A. said...

I know this may be shocking, but I saw the performance last night (for the first time) and actually didn't hate it. Did she look like she was on drugs or just woke up from a nap? Yes. But I did think the song was cute, and I mean, homegirl is coming back from a total meltdown, so I'm cutting her some slack. People have been HATEFUL. And I know this is funny coming from me, because typically I'm the worst one.

bitchphd said...

Have you seen this?

Stroll said...

ronn and s.d., the thing is, I am really *rooting* for her. She just needs to pull herself together and it wouldn't be that hard for her to get back where she was in terms of her success.

bitch, yes I had seen that mess. Acting. FACT. That guy has figured out the YouTube success formula and ran with it. Watch this one of his videos. Then, watch this to fall out laughing.

MT said...

Britney was probably acting too. This is just what pop entertainment is right now. I mean, you saw it coming, didn't you? Reality TV...American Idol.... This is Real Idol.

bitchphd said...

More awesome Britney commentary.