Friday, November 23, 2007

My favorite song.


Car Crash
by Courtney Love

There's a ghost on the highway,
And I wanna run it down.
There's a phantom in my bed,
and I'm all alone now.
I've seen every hotel,
I've seen every rehab.
There is nothing I haven't done,
There is no one I haven't had.

Would you be there when the lights,
When the lights get shot right out?
Would you be there when the roof,
When the roof comes crumbling down?

And I know myself too well.
And the Devil speaks to me.
And he's got me pinned down now,
Telling me I'm so empty.
Oh just say you're sorry now,
And you'll never do it again.
Take the edge right off and keep it
'Cause you'll never be high again!

Would you be there when the lights,
When the lights get shot right out?
Would you be there when the roof,
When the roof comes crashin' down?
Would you be there when the Devil,
When the Devil comes for me?
Would you be there when the lights
go black and empty?

And I live in a box.
And I die in this hole.
And you hold the keys
to the
And I don't wanna go,
But I can't seem to come.
And it's not up to me,
It's up to you.

And at all tomorrow's partys
I will be the anointed one.
And when you all start to miss me,
oh just pass me the gun.
And it's Valentines again
and there's nothing here for me.

Would be there when the lights,
When the lights come crashin down?
Would you be there when the roof,
When the roof comes crumblin down?
Would you be there when the Devil
Takes me to the Underground?
Would you be there when the night
Stays night all year 'round?
Would you be there in the ice,
In the frost and cold and freeze?
Would you be there anytime
When I'm here out on my knees?

No comments: