Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I get around.

I have had an epiphany. While I have been on a whirlwind tour of the Southeast -- wondering about my roommate, worrying about my cats, over-analyzing work scenarios that piss me off wondering about my parents -- and after getting a little pissed with my boss, it came to me. What I have to do. And now it is just a matter of doing it.

I am going to be 32 years old in less than a month. I am firmly in there. Boss Lady mentioned my "five year plan" the other day in a discussion and thought about five years and her being in those five years for about six months TOPS.

I think that the secret to happiness is having something to look forward to. I have not had something to look forward to -- something major -- in a long while but now I'm looking forward to seeing something new in the future, a new lifestyle, and a new challenge to accept.

I know I'm cheesey, but there is a road in Charlotte named "Freedom" and I have really, really been thinking about what that word means.

1 comment:

K. said...

And you just figured out on your own what many pay a lot of money to hear from a therapist.