Friday, April 25, 2008

All the men come in these places, and the men are all the same...

I really do love Texas, and a little piece of my heart will always be in that state. There are still frontiers there.

While I was there working, I met this guy who wanted to git down on the git down – HAVE SEX! He was a young 24, and just as cute as he could possibly be, sweet as sugar. However I have turned over a new leaf so to speak, and I felt the urge to give him some words of advice.

“I’m gonna tell you something, because you are young, and I can tell you are a nice guy,” I told him. “You have to be careful,” I continued, “hooking up with any of these fools you meet in bars, clubs, online or wherever. HIV is not the only thing out there. Plenty of these guys have things, things that never go away, and some of them don’t even know it. And many of the ones who do know it won’t tell you. It would be a shame for your cute little ass to have to explain something like a virus for the rest of your life. A condom can only do so much.”

He took pause. I figured I probably turned him off, which was fine, but I am here to educate the young and na├»ve. Then he says to me what I would have never expected in a million years. “Okay, since you were nice enough to tell me that, I’m gonna tell you something.

“A few months ago I tested positive for HIV, and I have no idea who I got it from.”

1 comment:

The Millers: said...

This breaks my heart. I'm so glad he ran into you that night and not one of those same-sames.