Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Landlord

Today I had a long talk with my landlord, the first time I've ever really spoken to him face to face for more than a "hi", and he's actually a very nice man.

He inquired about my job, and I told him the name of the Church, so he told me his son is now a member of the World Church of Assimilation, lives in Charlotte, and is going to Cuba on a mission trip next month. He was strangely fascinated and excited by me and our conversation.

He explained to me the new, higher rent. He stated quite plainly that it is in his interests that I move, so they aren't gonna give me a hard time about the lease. And he advised me that now is the time to buy a house in Charlotte -- he's lived through these cycles before. He also shared how unique and amazing the building I live in now is, because the cost of construction prohibits elaborate foyers like the one we have.

He also told me that he had never seen me before in his life, which, while he believes it with all his heart, is just not true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he has a lot of property and lost track with whom he has met or he needs a vacation.

-bm

Stroll said...

Indeed. Part of our conversation was about how overworked he is and how this year he's "taking it easy" and "enjoying life". lol