Thursday, June 12, 2008

He's right about this too.

In additional Bloomberg news, Mike said the other day he would ban bicycles on the subway. I have been saying this for years.

”I don't run the subway system, I don't run the MTA, but if I did - if I had total power - I guess I'd say it's too crowded for bikes," the mayor said.”


Of course, some bike advocacy group spokesperson says,

”Without that access, it would be a huge blow to biking in the city."


Well here’s a novel idea. You have a bicycle with you, so RIDE YOUR DAMN BICYCLE.

1 comment:

MT said...

I think I heard on the radio that Paris has free loner bikes lying around, so you grab one to bike to the metro, leave it there unlocked, and grab another one that's unlocked to ride to work. I'm not sure this is any different than what I think the Dutch have been doing for decades.