Thursday, July 31, 2008

Do what you love

I have my performance evaluation today at 3:30. I'm a little nervous. I'm sure I will be cupped on some shortcomings and things that are really out of my control, but what can ya do?

I need to no longer work for this place, and I plan to get down here to Charlotte, finish off some big projects, and keep my eyes open for a dream job. Yeah right. I hate the bit of advice that one should "do what you love". Because I don't even know what I love. Well, I do know a few things but no one is ever going to pay me to do them. I'm in the midst of a major life transition, a midlife crisis, and extreme job insecurity. And to top it all off Jimmy Johns fucked up my sprouts and provolone sandwich by putting it on a white bun instead of the delicious seven grain wheat bread.

No comments: