Monday, July 14, 2008

It's like people are TRYING to piss me off.

The stressful nature of moving and my work has had me in a bad mood for a while now, and I'm increasingly fearful that this bad mood is becoming permanent. It's not helped by the fact that I am surrouned by incompetence for nearly 8 hours per day. At any rate, here are a few things that I request no one say to me, lest I finally blow an artery in my brain from rage.

North Carolina is going to be so boring!
A matter of opinion, indeed, but having spent a large part of my life in that state, and a lot of time this year in Charlotte, I know what I'm in for. I happen to have the rare gift of being able to -- gasp -- entertain myself. OF COURSE I will miss aspects of New York. But this statement usually comes from people who rarely take advantage of anything New York has to offer anyway. It's a change, yes. If you bore easily maybe it's you that's boring.

Everyone is ugly in the South!
Like everyone in New York is not a grey-skinned ball of rot. There are plenty of good looking people in North Carolina, and I will happen to not be one of them anyway. So eat it.

It's stupid to rent instead of buy!
OMG! You should TOTALLY be in the financial services industry. I will eventually buy a house but in the meantime I'm going to rent, because, believe it or not, buying a house takes a little time. You can sign short term (six months) leases in NC, which is what I plan to do, because I have made a firm decision that I will never live with another person again. Once I have all my ducks in a row, I'll look to buy my cute ranch style brick house with an acre of yard in Charlotte.

Just remember that I'm moving to this place, and will likely live the rest of my life in this place, that you are disparaging. And also remember that there are certain decisions that I will have to make that are in my best interests and may possibly be none of your business. I am not married, I do not have babies. I roll alone and, by the way, these days my tolerance for bullshit is pretty low so let's keep it on the serious, shall we?

2 comments:

K. said...

WTH? "Everyone is ugly in the South!" Good grief.

Good on you for not buying a house right off the bat. Having just bought one, it's a fuckload of work. And just moving to a place and buying a house at the same time? Save your energy.

Anonymous said...

Well, I suppose the upside is that you're unlikely to be surrounded by bedbugs.