Saturday, August 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Madonna

You know my feelings about this woman. I don't care what anybody says, how hard anyone disects or criticizes. I have loved Madonna from day one, and she has definatly influenced who I am. So there. Believe it.

This is an unreleased song from the Ray of Light era, a cover of the ABBA song, "Like an Angel Passing through My Room". I think it's beautiful. I get a little sentimental at the beautiful lyrics, her beautiful voice, and the little photo retrospective. And I'm not a sentimental person, like, at all.

5 comments:

Anne Arkham said...

You're the only person I know who loves Madonna as much as I. I knew you'd post about her today.

I think Madonna's greatest contribution is her simple refusal to self-destruct, to be broken, to shut up and go away.

Stroll said...

OMG ANNE IS IT REALLY YOU?! Hope you are doing well!

Anne Arkham said...

Heh. It is and I am. For the record, I haven't been broken, nor have I shut up and gone away; I've just been insanely busy for two years. I'm divorced now (WooHoo!). I'm doing well in my new career, but competing with the guys means putting in long hours. And the gyne clinc where I used to volunteer - I'm on their board of directors now. How cool is that?

I haven't given up on the idea of blogging - intend to go back and all - but there's just no time right now.

I miss you. I was thinking about your plastic fetus not long ago, although for the life of me, I can't remember why.

Stroll said...

Well I am so glad to hear from you and know you are doing well and that welding is going well and you are able to continue to do good work on behalf of 'gines! I am moving to Charlotte NC at the end of the month and through/gave away almost everything I own, but I *did* keep the plastic fetus.

Anne Arkham said...

Good thinking. You never know when it could come in handy. Good luck with your move - I'll try to keep in better touch!