Friday, September 12, 2008

Exciting Opportunity

When you work in "ministry", many times people come to you with "exciting opportunities", which is a nice way of saying "more work". However, I really do have an exciting opportunity! This involves blogging for a LGBT publication here in Charlotte. I just have to come up with a "beat", like, what I would cover. Can't be politics or pop culture. So what do you think I should do? I was thinking local events/nightlife/personalities and a bit of LGBT history. It should have appeal for all readers, not just my sect. What do you think? I really need some thoughts and ideas on this so I can get back to the HBIC for our meeting date.

5 comments:

Tina-cious.com said...

Hey congrats! :)

Will there be an online version?

Stroll said...

It will! Strictly in fact. But what should I choose as my somewhat specific beat?

Tina-cious.com said...

And therein lies the problem.

I like the local stuff but are you that involved locally?

Maybe that and butch/femme history. Tough, yes... but wildly fascinating.

I know I'd be fascinated. :)

Stroll said...

Well I am not that involved lol...just got here a couple weeks ago and have been out of town for some of that to boot...but I was hoping for it to be a way to GET involved, you know? Anyhoo...we'll see what happens. Welcome to my humble blog btw!

Tina-cious.com said...

Happy to visit. :) You're now in my google reader -- so I'll be back.

Seriously though.. good luck! :)