Sunday, September 28, 2008

Home Sweet Homo

I'm back from Birmingham, sexually relieved ;), tired, disallusioned with my job, and ready for a change...but feeling good about things, I suppose. I wrote this thing for the work website and the editor dude totally changed it, I mean not even really that much but enough that I don't feel like it's in my "voice" or anything I would've signed my name to, but oh well. Now I'm going to take a nap and later, I'm going to party like a rock star.

In other news, why is the national news media not really reporting on the gas shortage in the southeast? I know the Mother of All Bailouts is in the forefront, but still. This gas situation is quite frightening, and earlier I thanked the Lord that I found some before I ran out. It's due to pipeline problems caused by the recent hurricane, but it makes me TOTALLY buy even further into hte peak oil theories of impending global societal collapse. People get vicious, I've witnessed it...and I'm glad that in my pick up truck there is a lock on the gas tank.

1 comment:

Tina-cious.com said...

Oh wow -- see I couldn't have someone changing something of mine to the point where it's unrecognizable to me.

Heck no.

As for people getting vicious -- I'd be ready to cut someone if I lived down there...

No we just have "zone pricing" here -- not sure if anyone else does or not -- but apparently Fairfield County -- where I'm "lucky enough" to live -- catches the brunt of Connecticut's gas prices.

Psh.