Sunday, September 21, 2008

Out in the Boonies

So I'm out in Waynesville, NC for work, and I have to say that it is absolutely beautiful out here in the mountains. Once you get west of Charlotte, out of the "piedmont" and into view of the Blue Ridge and Smokies, it is an astonishing sight for anyone whose eyes have been on urban sights for a while. Charlotte is a big change from New York, and my hometown of Lewisville is even vastly different from Charlotte, but when you get out in areas like this -- isolated, small population, untravelled towns -- it is such a hard to explain cultural experience. I know some people are cut out for this kind of environment, those who are born and raised in it and even some of those who choose it, and while I can enjoy a visit nad understand its nuances and appeal, I mean no disrespect when I say that if I had to live here I would SLIT MY FUCKING WRISTS.

2 comments:

Tina-cious.com said...

Shit, you and me both. LOL

Anonymous said...

I logged on to this blog site and was shocked that it did not contain a recent blog about Janet Jackson's tour, which just kicked off and is making headlines. Hopefully this oversight will soon be corrected.