Saturday, June 06, 2009

Should I stay or should I go?

Hello, Internet. Just taking a minute to blog. My travel schedule has been very busy this month. I had a great time in South Africa, and I will write all about it later (maybe, you know how that goes). I will say that whatever happens with my current job, I think my calling may be to go to Africa and teach the people about HIV/AIDS. The misconceptions there, even among the elite, are mind boggling. Even their PSA's are kind of backward and unhelpful as far as knowledge dissemination is concerned. How has the educational effort failed on the continent? I am not sure but I would love to be involved in solving that problem.

Right now I'm in Orlando, FL. It happens to be "Gay Days" here and I swear I didn't plan this. Anyway, I went out and saw Tiffany perform at the Parliament House last night. Can you believe it, she's still around...got new songs...and of course "I think we're alone now" which is all I remember of her the first time. I always meet people in Orlando, and after all my work was done yesterday I met a really cute sweet little guy and he called me today. Of course, I've been slutting around town a little and feeling guilty, used up and worthless over it, but that's par for the course for me...and anyone I ever meet worthwhile lives no where near me.

That's neither here nor there, but speaking of the work and potential lay off saga, we got this letter from the Supreme Commander of the organization that they are going to start asking for "voluntary seperations" and this whole explanation of how that will work, before they do "involuntary seperations" i.e. "lay offs". I emailed the HR lady to clear some things up and I'm considering doing it...I just don't know what to do though, and how in the world I'm going to manage to get all my ducks in a row considering the financial obligations I have not the least of which is a mortgage.

Well I'm thinking about a little nap here and then going out later, to see if the guy wants to hang out or what not. Oh lord, it's just another day on the Butch Stroll...

No comments: