Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I was in MANAGEMENT!!!

So, Job Fox is this resume posting, job search thing, and they offer a free assessment of your resume (after which of course they offer you the $399 resume writing service).

I got my assessment back and it was kind of brutal. I can see where my resume is more about "tasks" than "achievements". The most telling and depressing thing is the woman who reviewed it kept referring to my experience as an administrative assistant. As if this is the position I am in and am looking for.

I have not been an administrative assistant for three years. I of course would tkae a job as such, if it were a "good fit", but when people read my resume I would hope they see that I was at a higher level than that after 8 years.

Good lord I am never going to get another job. Frightening. Guess I have some resume work to do :-/

1 comment:

Ray said...

I always feel that any service that charges the job seeker is a scam. The 3 job sites chosen by about.com as getting the best results for job seekers -

www.linkedin.com (professional networking)
www.indeed.com (aggregated listings)
www.realmatch.com (matches you to jobs)

good luck to all.