Wednesday, August 05, 2009

As a lover of all things philosophical

I was delighted to find in my mailbox a package from K-rock, who works for a Big Time Magzine in New York Citay, entitled "The Book of Dead Philosophers" by Simon Critchley. I had planned to purchase this during one of my international galavants, but opted for "Are you there Vodka? It's me, Chelsea" instead. (Talk about taste running a gammut.) Anyhoo, I got the book! It's actually an "uncorrected proof", the likes of which I love having in my library.

Anyway, the final words in this book are about Wikipedia. I commend the author for noting that

I cannot deny that I have dipped my toes, and sometimes both feet up to the knees, into the unruly waters of Wikipedia. This is a vast and growing resource, which is very uneven, not always to be trusted, but which is full of many fascinating articles and leads.


Indeed! Wikipedia is a friend...the kind that is tons of fun and knows a lot, but you still have to keep an eye on.

No comments: