Friday, April 02, 2010

So the Pope is supposed to be errorless on matters of faith and morality,

so who knew he has a personal preacher? A personal preacher who led a sermon for the pope and others in which he compared the "collective violence" against the pope and the Catholic Church to the Holocaust. You can't make this stuff up.

I find the Pope and his ilk ridiculous and discusting, and the attempt of these powers that be to make themselves out as the victims here, is infuriorating. To claim that exposing widespread sexual violence against children is "violence" against the Church is akin to a rapists making themselves out as victims because the raped asked for it. The pope is a head of state in his little city of Catholic beaurocrats crying, alongside his personal preacher, because the media is picking on him. Waaah! If an injured reputation was anything like anti-Semitism, I'd have a museum dedicated to me in Germany.

This quote is all that is to be said on the matter:

"The pope is not the victim here, nor is the church hierarchy," said David Clohessy, who is an advocate for victims and who experienced alleged abuses by a priest as a boy. "The victims are the boys and girls being sexually assaulted by priests, nuns, seminarians."


The pope has previously blamed "gay culture" for the global abuse scandal, which is ridiculous for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that "gay culture" is in general not manifested in churches. I mean I went to Limelight a couple of times, but there weren't any priests there taking confessions. And don't get me started on the practice of confession.

On a final note, another thing I'm sick of hearing is that this has anything to do with the fact that priests can't marry. They can very damn well marry, they just can't be priests anymore if they do. Furthermore there are plenty of people who aren't getting any pussy, from their wives or elsewhere, who aren't raping little boys as a result. Why, instead of blaming this on the mainstream or on gay culture, aren't they blaming this on the culture of power over the faithful that they've been building on since day one?

1 comment:

K. said...

Well said. I grew up Catholic and everything that comes with it. My mother is only just now starting to understand why I haven't stepped foot in a Catholic church since I was confirmed. (with exception of funerals or weddings because I have found I cannot avoid those)