Saturday, August 28, 2010

I quit my job.

But I have another one lined up. I'm excited. I get some free time. I'm back to work on September 7th and I'm trying to be productive.

I thought that a trip to NYC was in the works, but maybe not. One of my two cats may be going to a new home there. The other cat has to find a placement first, however. I love those cats but they need each other, or if not each other than a human who can give them a little more attention and devotion. They're healthy and happy so don't get the wrong idea. I'm just an unfit mother.

I took my sleeping potion earlier and laid down but I just couldn't sleep so I'm up and at 'em. I'm headed back in a few. I have a lot on my mind.

I am worried about my health as of late. I've been having weird sensations that are not unpleasant, but unexpected. Step one would be quit smoking but I've increased my intake if anything.

I never mentioned it because I knew I wouldn't live up to it, but a resolution of mine earlier this year was to post at least one thing per week on The Butch Stroll about a current event, something in the news, or either a story from my own life (basically, post once a week in the categories I'm known to post in). Just for my own mental health, to be letting things out from my own little outlet I have here. I sometimes just have overload. I'm twittered and facebooked and tumblered and bloggered and emailed out. But here I can at least practice writing, share freely, and maybe start the wheels turning to create something in the near future.

I'm going to do NaNoWriMo this year. I say I'm going to every year. This year though is the year.

At my most uninspired point I look ahead and see an oasis of inspiration forthcoming. Over and out for tonight.

1 comment:

K. said...

I'm glad you quit, and even gladder you have something else lined up. Bummer about the cats, but you do what you gotta do.